Gluten Free / Grain Free Black Bean Brownies


The addiction to sweets is real and lately I've been craving (everything) brownies. I got some of these single serving size Pamela's brownie mixes for instances like this. However, since I know I'm going to eat at least 50% (okay 90%) of the goods, I wanted to find something that was a little cleaner and not so terrible for me.


Thats when I found theeese babies! Fudgy Black Bean Brownies by Live Eat Learn
Fudgy is the perfect word to describe them because they are definitely that. Chocolate heaven. They would even make Betty Crocker herself think twice. So let's get down to business and make some brownies.

I used Live Eat Learn's exact recipe, which I have copied below. However, I did do a few tweaks: I used maple syrup instead of sugar/honey (It was just what I happened to have. It does not give a maple syrup-y flavor). And I did not use coffee grounds but might have had I had any. 



Fudgy Black Bean Brownies

These Fudgy Black Bean Brownies are a decadent gluten-free dessert (and no one will ever guess that they're packed with fiber-filled black beans!
 Prep Time 5 minutes
 Cook Time 40 minutes
 Total Time 45 minutes
 Servings 16 brownies

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 15-oz can black beans rinsed and drained
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 Tbsp oil avocado or coconut
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  •  cup sugar or honey
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ½ tsp coffee grounds optional
  • ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Puree black beans in food processor or blender (or mash with a fork).
  2. Mix black beans, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
  3. In a separate bowl mix cocoa powder, sugar/honey, baking powder, salt, and coffee grounds (if you have them).
  4. Mix wets and dries, then stir in chocolate chips.
  5. Pour into a greased 8x8 or 9x9 pan and bake about 30 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees F (176 C), until center is no longer gooey (test with a toothpick or knife). Time will be shorter for a larger pan size.
  6. Allow to cool slightly before cutting.

Comments

Popular Posts